Friday, September 2, 2011

Beautiful Chaos

Tomorrow marks two weeks of us being in the neighborhood. It has been such a rush of "firsts" (I'll blog about that later). Each morning, I am excited about the day ahead. There is no doubt in my mind that we are exactly where we are suppose to be.

Six months ago, when I was dreaming about what life here would be like, I was most excited about the possibilty of having lots of children in our home at dinner time. Tonight, we invited four children over to share dinner with us. I was excited about being able to see this dream fulfilled. The children were to arrive at 6:00p for a Mexican fiesta. At 5:45p, seven children arrived... at 5:50p, 4 more knocked on the door...6:00p came around and so did three more kids. Counting David and me, there were sixteen people in our little house all ready for dinner. It was chaos.

Boys cheering and yelling at 2K11 on the Xbox.
Girls running to and from Stella's bedroom, always sporting a new princess dress.
David processing quickly to break up a fight.
Fingers secretly grabbing pieces of watermelon off of the table.
NOISE, oh the noise!
It was chaos. Beautiful Chaos.


While I was making dinner, I was startled by the boys yelling, "STOP!" I couldn't figure out what they were yelling at until Stella came around the corner holding her spray water bottle. She had drenched the group!


Five pounds of ground beef. 50 soft shell tortillas. 1 large can of nacho cheese. 2 bags of tortilla chips. 1 watermelon and 1 cantalope. Lots of hot sauce. Dinner is served.




After dinner, we headed out to the court to shoot some hoops.



Stella joined in on the fun!




Tonight was a beautiful night. My heart is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment