Thursday, February 23, 2012

CREW Remix

What is CREW Remix? On Thursday evenings, we host a Bible study we call "CREW Remix". CREW is our weekly youth group at the church (on Tuesday evenings) and Remix is a time to go deeper with what we're learning. Anyone between 6th-12th grade is welcome to attend. We launched CREW Remix six weeks ago.

Thursdays have quickly become one of my favorite days of the week. I'm excited to see who will come and really excited to dive into conversation. The last two months we have been studying Jesus, who He is and what it means to us. We have really been diving into the Word. I am completely amazed at how much they are learning! Each week they come back remembering so many details from the week before. It is awesome.

Here is how it goes:

At 5:30p, we sit down for dinner:

Dinner is full of great conversation and lots of laughter.

After dinner, we sit down to study the Word.

When we have finished our Bible Study, the playing begins!




Here's the group:

I feel so blessed to be part of this group. Each week the teens teach me so much about what it means to follow Jesus. They are hungry for the Word and regularly bring insight and questions that are clearly from above.

Here are two of my favorite quotes so far:
"Jesus was no punk"
"Tonight we'll kill a cockroach, tomorrow we'll have a butler!" (when talking about heaven)

Two weeks ago, after we finished discussing a Jesus story, a student raised his hand and said he had a couple questions about the book of Revelation. I was a bit nervous about diving into "end time" talk, but welcomed the questions. He continued, "Is Jesus coming back? If He is, how do I go with Him?" My heart skipped a beat. I spent the next thirty minutes sharing about Adam and Eve's intimate relationship with God, our brokeness because of sin, and ultimately the forgiveness that comes through Jesus. The students were connected and the room was quiet. I believe that some students that evening understood for the first time what it means to follow Jesus. That was the best moment I've experienced in Keller Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment