Sunday, June 10, 2012

Today was a GREAT day!

Today, one of our students graduated from high school. As he tried on his outfit last night we reminisced about all that has happened in the last year. I cannot even explain how proud I am of Lance. Over the last year, he has faced so many twists and turns, any one of which would have derailed most people. Through it all, Lance has pressed forward. He has so much to be proud of. Today, the feeling of accomplishment was written all over his face. I am so confident that God has big plans for Lance. It is clear that His favor and overwhelming grace rest upon Lance's life. These two young men have captured my heart. They encourage me greatly as I see them fight to be better men. Some shots of the ceremony. This one is my favorite. He had just received his diploma. We're so happy! After the ceremony, we took a group of students to Lake Michigan to CELEBRATE!! Many students had never experienced the beach before. We had a really great time. Sometimes, life is hard in Keller Park. Today, it rocked. Way to go Lance (or as Stella calls him, "Buudddddyy")! We love you like crazy and are so proud of you.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally TICKED OFF THAT YOU WENT TO THE BEACH AND BUBBLES WITHOUT ME. Whatevs.

    Oh also, way to go Lance. I've never seen a boy look so good in Purple.

    ReplyDelete